It’s nearly March, and I’m just now getting around to mapping out my intentions for the year. Mesita (my new girlfriend that also happens to be the Bridal Shop Owner that designed my custom wedding dress) shared with me the difference in having intentions versus goals. I’ve learned that intentions are actions that I am working on, while goals are merely a thought. So this year I decided to share my intentions with you all …
- Be Present. I’m a planner, so naturally I’m always forward thinking. I tend to over think sometimes which causes me to loses out on living in the moment even if it’s just for a split second. I got a glimpse of living in the moment at my wedding… HD and I really had the time of our lives in 8 hours. And every chance I get to reflect back and relive those moments, I do. I loved the feeling that I felt at my wedding, surrounded by everyone I love and standing in that moment in time. It taught me that every day I need to bask in my present-self.
- Save More For Things I Want. Again, another valuable lesson I learned from wedding planning was my ability to save! HD and I planned the wedding of our dreams in less than 12 months, stashing away lump sums of money at a time. It taught me that I could do this more often! It showed me that there are certain things that I can live without (excessive Target spending lol) and that things can get done with prioritizing and being consistent.
- Let Go of People Pleasing. This has honestly been my toughest lesson. I’m a people pleaser; I over accommodate and try to meet the needs of everyone I care about. It really takes a toll on me. I always end up getting the short end of the stick, or working too hard to make sure everyone in my camp is good. I’ve learned that, it’s not fair to me. This year I’m intentionally going to work on pleasing myself instead of others.
- Increase My Credit. HD and I have real goals –big ones and they require a strong foundation. I’ve learned that a 700+ credit score is more valuable than 200 grand in the bank. So we’re working towards that 700+ score! Wanna join me on this journey? I’m going to start a ‘credit challenge’ in the next few months so please be on the lookout.
- Treat Myself. If you know me, you know I work REALLY HARD. Somedays I’m typing away at my computer for my clients for 14 hours straight, while other times I’m traveling between 4 airports in 48 hours. I want to learn to take a breather and treat myself. I deserve that facial, or a nice pedicure. I work hard for it! And this year I’m going to honor myself by going the extra mile to treat myself.
What are some of your intentions for this year?