Today I’m 23 weeks, and baby boy is flourishing. So much has changed since my last update. The second trimester is much different than the first. I’m not as exhausted as I was in the beginning, but sometimes I push myself too far. I have to learn to keep it cool because my body is working over time baking baby boy.
I have experienced some weird pregnancy symptoms like, new cavities and dental issues. It’s been horrible. Apparently baby’s taking extra calcium from me so it’s time to up my intake. Other than that I feel absolutely fine.
So far everything has been amazing, and I’m so thankful. I feel great, I look great (everyone keeps telling me lol), and I am the happiest and most nervous I’ve ever been in my life.
So a few quick updates:
- I have a doula! I’m so excited to have an extra advocate in the room so that I can focus on laboring and delivering, and HD can focus on me and baby boy.
- I’m craving cereal and chocolate ice cream, neither of which I ever liked before.
- I started doing prenatal yoga to really stretch and open my hips so that I can have some sort of relief with labor.
- I can physically feel baby boy’s kicks without guessing if it was gas or movement, dad can now feel his kicks too (if I’m laying flat on my back). It’s amazing.
- We learned that he has ver long legs … dad’s first reaction was “Scholarships!”
- He has a name, and it’s beautiful! I can’t wait to share it with you guys in October when he arrives.
Well that’s it for now guys. I’m so so happy to have you all join in on this journey with us. It’s been a fun ride so far!
Sundress is from Forever21+ (wearing a 2x for comfort and to last me through my entire pregnancy, could have purchased a 1x)