This weekend is quickly approaching and that means it’s time to show your favorite lover your sweet side. If you’re anything like me, you’re not much of a Valentine’s gal. It’s hard for me to take the holiday seriously … too many fluffy animals, I don’t like chocolate … and could care less for you to show me one day out of the entire year how much you love me. Luckily I have an amazing boyfriend who treats everyday like V-Day!
This year is a leap year, so ladies –it’s your turn to wine and dine your man! In case you’re getting a late start on planning, here’s a few last minute date options to help you plan a fun and intimate date with your boo-thang!
1. 50 Shades of Gray. This is for the sultry at heart. Let’s reverse the roles and play a little game… you dominate him. Cook him your favorite meal, and do all of the things you like to do inside the home. Run him a bubble bath, play your sexy playlist and make sure he takes every order that you demand seriously. Trust me, he will enjoy you calling all the shots.
2. Netflix and Chill. Okay, one of your favorite things to do may be to get dolled up and head to expensive dinner reservations. The only issue is, it’s extremely pricey (because it’s your turn to do V-Day) and the waitlist for dinner is ridiculously long. So skip the fancy plans and head to 7/11 … load up on snacks and binge-watch all of your favorite Netflix series. Before you know it, hours will have gone by and you are enjoying quality time with your love.
*Note – HD and I watch Netflix together so much that I feel guilty for watching when he’s not with me!
3. Men Love Nice Feet. Everywhere is usually packed on Valentine’s Day, except the nail salon. All the girls usually have their mani’s and pedi’s ready beforehand so the day of is typically open. Show your man that you enjoy him groomed just as much as he does. Go for pedicures together and enjoy a deluxe service with hot stones, wax, and a 20-minute massage.
4. Hit The Gardens. Just because it’s cold outside doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the beauty of nature. Visit a local botanical garden or nursery to experience a bit of what to expect this coming spring. Walk hand-in-hand with your lover through the gardens and even stop for a nice fresh lunch to finish off your date.
5. Relive Your First Date. If you are the sentimental couple, he will surely enjoy this. Take him to the first place he took you. Relive every moment you recall that happened on your first date. If it was a dinner date, order the exact same meal. If it was the movies, find those same seats again. Try to revisit all of those same memories so that he can be reminded of how much you two have grown together.
Think you have decided your date? Share by commenting. I hope your Valentine’s Day is special!