Who doesn’t love a good DIY? The style gods have deemed this Spring-Summer season one full of florals and chic pastels. On the other hand I think social media has played a major part into this new floral crown obsession. I found myself buying them a few times over at some of my favorite stores, but they either kept breaking or I misplaced them. To avoid the hassle I decided to start making them myself. Here’s what you’ll need.
- Hot glue gun
- Elastic or Elastic Sport headbands
- Artificial Flowers
- Step 1 – While glue gun is warming, take artificial flowers and remove them from the stems
- Step 2 – Cut the extra piece of plastic off the back of the flower
- Step 3 – Glue the back of your flower to your elastic
- Step 4 – Allow glue to cool, repeat steps 1-4 until finished
It only took about 2 artificial bouquets to complete one flower crown. I absolutely love this DIY. I will be using these easy-to-make headbands all summer long for music festivals, pool visits and more. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, don’t forget to show me the flower crowns you make. Be sure to tag me in them on Instagram by using the hashtag #Circa88 or on Facebook by posting to Circa 88‘s FB page.
There’s been one sun shiny day after another. As long as my allergies allow, I’m enjoying every bit of this weather. Bright colors inspire me so much, they really make you feel as good as you look. Though I typically choose black pieces when I shop (there’s something about the polished look of black) … I felt like fun colors today.