It’s summer, summer, summer time! While everyone is excited about this amazing weather and the glorious long summer days I’ve been busy getting my summer beauty game up! Quite frankly, you can’t have the same beauty and hair routine for winter and summer. …
So if you’re anything like me, you fell into the “MAC is the best” trap a long time ago. There was one point in which I would buy a few MAC lipsticks (16 bucks a pop) a week because I didn’t believe anything else would compare… but that got old quick! Since those naive days I fell in love with cheaper brands like Wet N Wild, NYX, and anything else I stumbled across that was just as pigmented. Here are a few of my favorite DUPES this fall… and honestly I prefer Revlon’s Shameless and Wet N Wild’s Cherry bomb over MAC’s expensive junk! They are much more pigmented to me.
Here are a few pics of me wearing the lipsticks that I love! Wet N Wild Cherry Bomb (I wore it lightly on top of a nude liner to make it softer)MAC’s Velvet Teddy (Still my fave … I can’t give into the Revlon dupe)I searched high and low for Heroine… and Then a few weeks later I fell in love with Shameless by Revlon.
Do you have any fall favorites that I missed? These are just a few, I have tons of lipsticks! Share some of your favorite dupes with me.
Ever feel like it’s entirely too hot for a full face of makeup? Or maybe you’re like me and just don’t feel like spending 20-plus minutes primping in the mirror putting on the works? You’d probably enjoy tinted moisturizer. It’s my go-to everyday replacement for foundation.
I personally don’t like the look of heavy makeup during the day. I love makeup but I most definitely go for a softer, more natural face during the day using softer colors and application techniques. A tinted moisturizer could be your saving grace for summer. Skip the heavy foundation and enjoy light and airy coverage while accenting your best features for a soft everyday glow. This makes skin seem naturally flawless, refreshed and youthful. Did I mention it’s nowhere near as hot as a full face of makeup?
There are a few things to consider before using a tinted moisturizer as everyday foundation. A tinted moisturizer is not full coverage. If you are looking for something more full coverage consider using concealer for your problem areas then blend it into your tinted moisturizer. It really is a moisturizer with a tint of color; meaning that it simply accents your skin with a pinch of color that is generally your shade. Most tinted moisturizers don’t come in exact shades, they tend to come in general tints like ‘cool, medium, warm, dark.’ These color tints are known to conform to your natural shade after setting in your skin.
My Top 5 Tinted Moisturizer Brands
- Sonia Kashuk Radiant Tinted Moisturizer is a bang for your buck. I personally use it for my daytime foundation. It’s the perfect blend of sheer with a little coverage and it’s builds, meaning you can add more for a little more coverage. It gives off a radiant glow because it has a little illuminator in it and it’s under $15!
- Bobbi Brown is an oil-free tinted moisturizer that has a golden undertone leaving all women of different shades with a natural glow finish. It dries matte and does a great job at evening out skin tones. Bobbi Brown’s product comes in a wider range of colors which is beneficial for darker skin tones. $44
- NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer is perfect if you’re looking for a tinted moisturizer that can build and add a little more coverage. This one is ideal if you have a few problem areas or blemishes that you would like to blend or conceal. NARS also has a wide variety of skin tints available which works well with all shades and colors. This moisturizer gives you great protection because it has SPF of 30 while still adding a tint of illuminate color $42
- Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Tinted Moisturizer just the name alone pulled my interest. Anything involving healing clay, sign me up! The added clay thickens the moisturizer adding a little more coverage. Clay also balances oily skin, so it’s perfect if you tend to produce more oil during summer. Tarte also offers a tinted moisturizer without the clay ingredient, but who passes up the offer of healing clay?! $36
- Pixi Illuminating Tint and Conceal this all natural product comes as a double doozy! Not only does it come with the tinted moisturizer but you get the concealer stick as well. Pixi is one of my favorite tinted moisturizer for summer use because the product has shimmer in it. Every girl wants to shimmer during sunny summer days. $30
Those are my favorite tinted moisturizes! I tend to use moisturizers year round because I prefer lighter makeup but if you prefer a heavier foundation I strongly encourage you to try a tinted moisturizer during those hot summer months or even use a tinted moisturizer before you apply your foundation. If you’re looking to save a little money or you don’t have time to go shopping, try mixing a little of your foundation and moisturizer together to make a DIY tinted moisturizer. Let me know if you any questions or comments when it comes to tinted moisturizer shopping; and if you already have a favorite one be sure to tell me all about it! I’ll share a few pictures of me wearing a few of my favorite tinted moisturizers below.