I’m really one of those people who keeps trying things until they find that one thing I love. Especially if I’m looking for a certain thing. Let’s just say, I’ve found my skincare soulmate. Just so you know, I only believe in sharing products that I truly believe, have used, and have seen work. I started using Modere at the beginning of March after experiencing a series of rough days with my skin. I typically have very normal and balanced skin, but after winter’s harsh weather –I was very dry in some places (like my forehead) and oily in my t-zone. A few weeks ago I even suffered from a small breakout. I needed to change my skin care regimen and I needed to adjust it fast.
Hey Lifestylers! Long time no blog! I’m just getting settled from all the events I had going on and wanted to make sure I updated you guys on my new skincare regimen! I’m sure if you follow my Instagram, you saw my post about a month ago. My friends at Reviva Labs sent me a few of their new products and I must say my skin is in love! I received the Vitamin E Oil Stick, Pomegranate Lactic Acid Exfoliate, Hawaiian Seaweed Beauty Mask, and the Hawaiian Seaweed Day Cream.
I was kind of nervous to try a new regimen, because I’m one of those “if it isn’t broke don’t fix it,” people. I’ve always been very satisfied with my old skin care regimen and I didn’t know I actually needed improvements, until I tried something new and I felt the difference!
I’ll start with the Vitamin E Oil Stick … It is a game changer! I live by vitamin e oil, and for the longest I’ve been dealing with the messy tube oil version, or even worst, breaking into capsules to retrieve the oil for use. Not anymore! Reviva Labs Vitamin E Oil Stick is conveniently in a lipstick tube, which means it’s mess free! I use it as a lip balm and I also use it around my eyes at night to diminish dark circles. This baby is the best, I mean it. I will never go back to the oil version, I’m sticking with Reviva Labs’ Stick version forever; it’s convenience sold me.
I believe the secret to having flawless skin is in exfoliating. You have to remove dead skin cells in order for new skin cells to resurface. I began using the Pomegranate Lactic Acid Exfoliate at the beginning of July, and it’s part of the reason I waited so long to give my full review. I wanted to be open and honest about the products I’ve tried; and I needed to get the full experience of using the product. So instead of me giving the review right away I used the product for nearly 2 months before my review. The Pomegranate Lactic Acid Exfoliate did wonders for my skin! I’ve always had an uneven skin tone, and I’m sure everyone has this. However it evened out my skin tone tremendously! I noticed a lot of the black heads that were in my t-zone faded away, because my pores were unclogged. Overall it just felt like a breath of fresh air! Using this all natural exfoliant twice a week really did the job of brightening my skin tone while detoxing my skin.
When I felt like pampering my skin I used the Hawaiian Seaweed Beauty Mask. One thing that’s for sure, I try not to over use my products, because too much of anything can be bad. You can use this mask up to twice a week, but I chose once a week because I was exfoliating twice a week. What I love about this product, is that it was very gentle and mild and restored the moisture balance in my skin. When you use an exfoliator you have to make sure you leave moisture, and this mask soothes your skin while retaining moisture and revitalizing your complexion.
And last but not least, my all time favorite, the Hawaiian Seaweed Day Cream! This is a game changer!!! The very first time I used this, I instantly felt the difference between this product and my overly expensive BareEssentials (Oops, didn’t mean to step on anyone’s toes!) I still love BareEssentials, and I even wear their makeup and use the facial soap, but the day cream from Reviva Labs has completely swept me off my feet! My skin practically drank this day cream; it absorbed so well in my skin, and left my face feeling like baby skin! Not only did it nourish it with moisture, it made my primer and makeup foundation go on so smoothly. You must try! It’s great for all skin types.
Thank you Reviva Labs for sending me all of these goodies, my skin thanks you, and I’m officially hooked! If you want to try some of Reviva Labs products, you can find them on their website at www.revivalabs.com and their products are also sold in Ulta! Here are a few pictures from my Reviva Lab journey! In my favorite house kaftan and the Pomegranate exfoliant!
Since everyone always asks me what are some of my favorite go to products for my skin, I decided to share it on the blog today. I worked in cosmetics for nearly 4 years, it was one of my favorite jobs. However, what was most enjoyable about working in cosmetics was that I learned so much about skin care and maintenance. Having a skin routine is so vital to maintaining healthy skin, and skin care should always change just as you change. Your skin, just like everything else can get use to your products and they may not work as effectively as they use to. So switching up your products can be necessary to maintaining healthy skin.
A few months ago I shared with you my transition to oil cleansing. Though I absolutely love this method, I don’t think it’s necessary for the warm summer months I am encountering in the south. So I’ve decided to get back to my old faithful… I love BareMinerals! Here’s a list of my favorites I use for effortless summer skin!
- bareMinerals Purifying Facial Cleanser is by far my favorite. It’s very gentle on the skin and gets the job of cleansing without stripping my skin of moisture done. My skin feels refreshed after I use it and did I mention it’s great for those who tend to have irritable or allergy prone skin. bareMinerals also carries a deep cleanser which works well but I wouldn’t use it for everyday use.
- After cleansing my skin I balance my pH level with a toner. My toners of choice are either apple cider vinegar or witch hazel. Both have good skin benefits great for evening skin tone, daily exfoliation and removing dead skin cells.
- For the record, yes, people of color need to protect their skin, too! Always wear sunscreen during these hot summer months. While sun rays are closest to us, you must stay protected. Apply sunscreen to a clean face before you apply your moisturizer. Allow sunscreen to settle for at least 20 minutes before you encounter the sun. Once sunscreen has set, then moisturize. Here’s a shopping tip: Aveeno is my favorite. It gives me great coverage for my new summer workouts and it’s very good on sensitive skin. It has all day protection and the best part is it’s not thick and gooey like a lot of sunscreens tend to be. It’s as smooth as a moisturizing cream.
- Once I’m toned and protected, I love to moisturize with bareMinerals Purely Nourishing Moisturizer. It works amazingly on my skin. The best thing about this moisturizer is it keeps my skin moist all day without leaving me oily or sticky.
I’m sure you noticed bareMinerals’ newest makeup BARESKIN … I’m saving this product review for next week. Let’s just say, my skin loves it! Tune in next week for a product review.
Ever feel like it’s entirely too hot for a full face of makeup? Or maybe you’re like me and just don’t feel like spending 20-plus minutes primping in the mirror putting on the works? You’d probably enjoy tinted moisturizer. It’s my go-to everyday replacement for foundation.
I personally don’t like the look of heavy makeup during the day. I love makeup but I most definitely go for a softer, more natural face during the day using softer colors and application techniques. A tinted moisturizer could be your saving grace for summer. Skip the heavy foundation and enjoy light and airy coverage while accenting your best features for a soft everyday glow. This makes skin seem naturally flawless, refreshed and youthful. Did I mention it’s nowhere near as hot as a full face of makeup?
There are a few things to consider before using a tinted moisturizer as everyday foundation. A tinted moisturizer is not full coverage. If you are looking for something more full coverage consider using concealer for your problem areas then blend it into your tinted moisturizer. It really is a moisturizer with a tint of color; meaning that it simply accents your skin with a pinch of color that is generally your shade. Most tinted moisturizers don’t come in exact shades, they tend to come in general tints like ‘cool, medium, warm, dark.’ These color tints are known to conform to your natural shade after setting in your skin.
My Top 5 Tinted Moisturizer Brands
- Sonia Kashuk Radiant Tinted Moisturizer is a bang for your buck. I personally use it for my daytime foundation. It’s the perfect blend of sheer with a little coverage and it’s builds, meaning you can add more for a little more coverage. It gives off a radiant glow because it has a little illuminator in it and it’s under $15!
- Bobbi Brown is an oil-free tinted moisturizer that has a golden undertone leaving all women of different shades with a natural glow finish. It dries matte and does a great job at evening out skin tones. Bobbi Brown’s product comes in a wider range of colors which is beneficial for darker skin tones. $44
- NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer is perfect if you’re looking for a tinted moisturizer that can build and add a little more coverage. This one is ideal if you have a few problem areas or blemishes that you would like to blend or conceal. NARS also has a wide variety of skin tints available which works well with all shades and colors. This moisturizer gives you great protection because it has SPF of 30 while still adding a tint of illuminate color $42
- Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Tinted Moisturizer just the name alone pulled my interest. Anything involving healing clay, sign me up! The added clay thickens the moisturizer adding a little more coverage. Clay also balances oily skin, so it’s perfect if you tend to produce more oil during summer. Tarte also offers a tinted moisturizer without the clay ingredient, but who passes up the offer of healing clay?! $36
- Pixi Illuminating Tint and Conceal this all natural product comes as a double doozy! Not only does it come with the tinted moisturizer but you get the concealer stick as well. Pixi is one of my favorite tinted moisturizer for summer use because the product has shimmer in it. Every girl wants to shimmer during sunny summer days. $30
Those are my favorite tinted moisturizes! I tend to use moisturizers year round because I prefer lighter makeup but if you prefer a heavier foundation I strongly encourage you to try a tinted moisturizer during those hot summer months or even use a tinted moisturizer before you apply your foundation. If you’re looking to save a little money or you don’t have time to go shopping, try mixing a little of your foundation and moisturizer together to make a DIY tinted moisturizer. Let me know if you any questions or comments when it comes to tinted moisturizer shopping; and if you already have a favorite one be sure to tell me all about it! I’ll share a few pictures of me wearing a few of my favorite tinted moisturizers below.